There are several options that you can opt for. First of all, you can create a travel booking website from scratch while managing the design and coding tasks on your own. Another way to create a travel booking website design is to hire a travel web design company that will get all jobs done for you.
In order to create a travel booking website, you need to mind the following requirements:
- Purchasing a domain name and hosting.
- Choosing a CMS that will power your site.
- Selecting a travel booking website template.
- Integrating your travel booking website with an API for tours, packages, flights, hotels, tickets, etc.
- Investing time and efforts in marketing.
- Getting your site live.
Features for travel websites:
- Predictive search
- Huge beautiful images
- Customer reviews
- Favorites list
- Simple, idiot-proof calendars
- Clear pricing without hidden fees
- Use evocative and interesting copy
- Google map integration
- Simple checkout
Why Build a Travel Agency Website?
- A decade ago, it was okay if a travel company didn’t exist on the web and only worked offline.
- Travel consultants, agencies and vendors ran brick-and-mortar businesses and didn’t bother with the pros and cons of moving to the digital realm.
- If newlyweds wanted to book a honeymoon trip, they would do it in face-to-face communication.
- Instead of making room for meetings and negotiations in their busy schedules, customers prefer to arrange everything in a few clicks.
- The high demand for online travel services has compelled millions of vendors to create resources that engage users, serve as educational facilities, and boost sales.
Trawex Travel Booking Website
- Trawex is premier information Travel Technology Company serving travel software services across the globe. We have an exhaustive range of online travel booking engine exclusive for online travel agencies (OTA’s) & travel management companies (TMC’s).
- Trawex enables your travel agency to go online in a matter of weeks with minimum effort exerted towards understanding travel software or hardware modalities.
- Trawex is ready to use platform and can be deployed in a matter of days to be used by your internal staff. The end user sales interfaces for B2C and B2B customers are completely customizable and can be designed as per your branding.
- Trawex has various sales interfaces – B2B, B2C, B2B2B, B2B2C, Call Center sales interface for internal staff. Trawex is end to end ERP for travel industry.
- Whenever you decide to create a travel booking website, you will be impressed with the abundance of travel booking website templates and custom extensions that allow you to earn generous commissions for every order being placed on your site.
Why Trawex Travel Website is important?
- Client Retention and Growth Tool
Retain your clients by pushing relevant content to them by mapping countries, cities and hotels and providing them with one system that displays the cheapest available options. Increase your business by getting automatic timely alerts on cancellations and booking status update on emails or via SMS.
- Search on Suppliers for a Faster Result
Trawex has an advance logic that sends multiple requests to aggregator rather than looking forward to every supplier response to send consecutive request. This has reduced search interval for users and resulted in better user experience.
- Google Map and Street View
Integrated Google Maps listing helps your users to make bookings after looking at the exact location of the Hotel. Users can even book and preview the particular location using Google Maps Street read (where available) to urge a transparent image of the building.
- Behavior Analysis of Agents/Retail Customers
Every search by a user creates a pattern of user behavior. The system stores the searches your users make and displays it to you; therefore, you'll be able to apply the underlying logic on how customer behaves or how they deal with the travel portal. Using this analysis, you may realize that your inventory or prices are weak in a particular destination, or maybe you lack content for certain destinations, and thereby take active steps to boost your product.
Create complex mark-ups which may be a mix of Agent/Suppliers/Country/City/Hotel. Not only markups you can even apply complex discounting rules and hence pass benefits to the end customer.
Distribute your product to different travel agencies and OTA's using the XML out engineered on OTA Standards. The XML is light weight and straight forward to implement and is developed in a very standardized format.
How Trawex will help you?
Trawex ensures your website generates revenue by converting your website visitors into bookings. Trawex enhances your website and has a user-friendly mobile interface that provides instant recognition and confirmation.
Trawex has latest travel technology feature built in for travel agent and retail customer. It is one of the best online travel solutions available in the market. It can be customized end to end.
Trawex is one-stop online travel software solution for the Hotels, Flights, Transfers, Sightseeing, Car Rental and Packages embedded with rich features and functionalities. Trawex can be implemented through XML or your own negotiated content within a few weeks.
Design, build, and test the travel booking website
Today’s travel is about creating unique user experiences. The customer’s journey starts on your website, and you have the power to make it remarkable and memorable.
The user experience should be designed in such a way that they accomplish their goal effortlessly. Enter UX/UI designer. For example, Trawex has a team of designers skilled at creating websites, mobile apps, and branding for tourism business.
Both the back and front-office interface of your booking application should be welcoming, perceptive, and user-friendly.
An efficient website booking system is essential, but a proper customer experience involves much more than that. The product should enable the users to:
- Search across various options;
- Make bookings from any place, anytime, in multiple languages and currencies;
- Get last-minute deals and special offers;
- View ratings and read and write first-hand reviews;
- Make well-informed decisions about accommodations, flights, tours, and other travel products;
- Pay for the services safely and conveniently;
- Cancel a reservation easily;
- Feel sure their personal information, booking history, and financial details are safe.
Step-by-Step Guide for You to Create Your Online Travel Booking Website
1. Select the Right Platform
The first step is apparently deciding which platform to choose for creating your awesome travel company website.
You would want your website to be self-hosted, it will give you a lot of freedom and flexibility to customize, monetize, and have a determine control over your site. If you go for other free blogging platforms, you may save a little money in the beginning.
But they won’t be able to provide you any of the features or functionalities that is required to create a truly awesome online travel agency website.
2. Get Your Domain Name
If you are already an established company, you would most likely keep your company’s name as your website’s domain name. However, if you are a new venture and are yet to choose on the company’s name itself, you must take this step very seriously.
You can select your company name by optimizing it for web presence as well. This makes even more sense in today’s age when so much of your business success depends upon the success of your online presence.
While selecting a company name that can also be a great domain name, try to keep in mind these important pointers:
- Make It Short and Memorable
- Be Specific
- Avoid Hyphens and Numbers
3. Get Hosting
If you want the full ownership and control of your travel booking website, you must have it self-hosted with attractive and trusted hosting companies.
This also means that you will have a total control over your website and will enjoy a 100% ownership of it. You can start your new website by registering your existing domain with any of the popular hosting service.
4. Get a Powerful Theme for Your Website
It’s probably safe to say that the final success or failure of your travel company website depends largely on you selecting an aesthetically appealing, functional, and a powerful theme for your website.
There are many great themes out there, which provide some great features and functions that hidden customers seek while browsing a travel company’s website.
5. Add Important Features by Installing Necessary Plugins
Many of the important functionalities of a travel website can be added through standard plugins that either comes integrated with the theme or are easily compatible with the theme. So you can always install it later as per your requirement.
You can also add a trip, trip gallery, prices, continuation, trip facts, FAQs, and various other costs involved. You will also be able to set up assorted pages related to travel including Destination page, Trip Type page, and Single Trip page.
6. Integrate Online Bookings and Payments
With powerful plugins like Travel Engine and Travel Agency Companion, much of your achievement for a safe, easy, and logical online booking, reservation, and payment systems is already settled for using the in-built PayPal payment gateway or extension offered by Travel Engine.
The two main steps you should follow to build your online travel website:
Decide a niche: This requires you to decide what services or products you will be offering to your customers. The niche can be hotel booking, flight booking, cruises, rental cars, adventure trips, luxury trips, or a combination of two or more of these.
Hire a Travel Technology Company: Once you have finalized your niche, you have to find a travel technology company that will be able to provide you white label travel solutions or build a custom travel website for you.
A white label travel solution is way cheaper and is delivered within 2-3 weeks. It is a ready-made solution that only requires branding to be done with your website name and logo.
Make your travel booking website special with Trawex
Trawex can help you with both selecting and creating the necessary functionalities. Make sure to hire specialists with experience in building travel booking websites and mobile applications.
The following features can significantly enhance pre- and post-booking customer satisfaction:
- Your website booking system can provide personalized endorsement based on the users’ search history. It can be alternative dates, flight and hotel deals, local events, and so on.
- Airfare, accommodations, and other travel product prices fluctuate. Thanks to plenty of data on seasonal trends, and airlines’ and hotels’ special offers and deals accrued over the years, predictive analytics can help travelers book at lower prices.
- Travel assistant chatbots can help users with the most frequent issues 24/7, guiding them through search, looking for deals, booking, and an entire trip.
- Instant messages can inform users about their reservation confirmation and changes in rates, feed the best value options and exclusive deals, remind about scheduled activities, give personalized tips and advice, etc.
- Dynamic pricing allows varying room prices based on demand and supply. Hotels can quickly react to changing market values and maximize the rates. Surge pricing algorithms can increase revenue at least twofold.
- It’s nice to have an in-app map with tourist attractions marked around the users’ booked lodging.
- 360-degree photos, immersive videos, and virtual tours can both attract customers and help to show them around a hotel or other locations.